I miss my Ah Ma and to think that throughout my 7 month's stay in Perth, I only called her once. Guilty! Anyways, they came down and put up at our JB's house for about a week or so before they went up to KL to stay in my uncle's house. Well to make things easy, those from Kedah are my Mum's sisters and the uncle in KL is my Mum's brother. Complicated? It's not imprtant what our relationship is, just know that they are my relatives. It was quite fun, especially the fact that we went to Restoran Todak for seafood. Woohoo...all you Singaporeans must go there and try the seafood and stop being stupid paying shit loads of money for crappy seafoods in expensive restaurants in Singapore. Have a look...

That lady in white is my Mum. She's hand-picking the crabs herself. Look at my darling at the bottom right corner looking all so disgusted. Singaporeans...first time...*haha* No wait, this is her 6th time there already!

For those who can read Chinese, that's a part of their price schemes for the various kinds of seafood.

The shells and others shelly-thingies. If you've been to Turf City for seafood before in Singapore, this picture should ring a bell.

For the fish, we left it to the expert. This is one of the workers at the restaurant, look at that fish in the red bucket. Freshly scooped out of water.

My relatives, my family and my darling waiting for our food in the open air tables.

(1) Sambal Kang Kong
(2) Mak Choy
(3) Fried Mun Toh (Buns)
(4) Black Pepper Crabs

(1) Indonesian Prawns
(2) Steam Tofu
(3) Steam Fish - Hong Kong Style
(4) Thai Chicken

Chilli Crab.

Yeah that was indeed hell lot of food but guess what? We wooped every single dish down. It was an awesome awesome meal. I loved everything on that table that night.

After such a full meal, it's time to explore other parts of that little "kelong" style restaurant. Look what I found? Here's where they rear the shells.

I know it's not entirely clear but here's a snap shot of me and my Ah Ma. Greatest Granny in the whole wide world. I love her!
I know these relatives don't see us very frequent but somehow, we hooked up really well within a few minutes of conversation. It was indeed a week of fun meeting all my young cousins. Those rounds of foosball we played will always be remembered. Did I make it sound like someone just died? Oops! Okay, more stories to share. Stay tuned...




No comments:
Post a Comment