Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 01: KL

The trip which was planned about 6 months ago is finally here. Today is the first day of our 2-week long Malaysia/Thailand trip. We dropped the initial plan of driving straight up to Penang. PaPa feels that it's going to be a waste of money to stay in the hotel since by the time we reach ther ti would have been late at night. Therefore we changed the itenary a little and decided to stop by Joe Wee's (my cousin) place in KL for a night before continuing our journey down to Penang.

Darling came over the night before. After a quick breakfast this morning, we set off for Pasir Ris where we dropped Dino off at The Pet Hotel. That is where he will be spending the 2 weeks while we're on our vacation in Malaysia. Pitiful you might think? You're so wrong. The Pet Hotel is a brilliant place and I would recommend anyone to leave your pet there when you're going away on holidays. The place is clean, they walk your dog everyday (if it's staying in an air-conditioned kennel) and best of all, the kennel assistants there are mostly trained veterinarians from The Philippines. Just so you know, these guys are practising vets in their country but because their certs are not recognised in Singapore, they can only work as kennel assistants here. Meaning, your pets are in good hands.


Here's Dino recceing his hotel room. There are two parts to his kennel. An air-conditioned part and an outdoor part separated by a flap. So Dino can sleep in comfort on warm afternoons or go out for a sun tan if he feels like it. This is our second time sending him here by the way. My Darling is a little worried as always. See how she's making sure that Dino likes this room?




Okay with everything in place, Dino seemed happy with his room. That gray door you see behind is the separating flap I was talking about. Behind that is an open space for him to walk about. Bed, check. Food, provided. Water, check. Toys, check. Alright Dino, it's time for us to leave. Enjoy your stay!




Oh before we go, you may be interested to check out Dino's other hotel-mates!




Aww...look at my baby, he doesn't want us to leave. Sorry boy, I would have brought you along if not for the quarrantine regulations in Singapore. Maybe next time okay?



And so it was a 3.5-hour long drive up to KL. We reached in the evening and Mummy said she wanted to have dinner at Rena's (my other cousin) newly opened restaurant. It's called "Flavours". If you happen to stop by KL, you've got to try it. It's located in Klang in a building called Centro. I assure you, the food there is fantastic. Well coming from Australia, maybe the portion could have been a little bit bigger. Nonetheless, the quality of food wasn't compromised. Rena was the only chef in the restaurant and no one else there knew the recipes on the menu. Joe Wee and his whole family went too. What a suptious meal it was.


We sat and chatted for a while after dessert. Here's Darling trying to teach the ever-inquisitive Joe Wee how to play the game on her new Nintendo DS Lite. May I add that this new DS Lite of hers never left her hands throughout this trip. Arrgh!




The patrons tonight from left to right: Joe Wee, Darling, Joo Shan (Joe Wee's sister), Hin-Gu (Joe Wee's Dad, that's how I address him), Ah Kim (Joe Wee's Mum), Mummy, PaPa and Rena (Chef/Boss of the restaurant). Well done Rena! Keep up the good work and I'm sure I'll be back there again.



Tonight, Darling, Joe Wee and I are going to cramp into Joe Wee's huge bed. I wonder how we're going to manage considering Joe Wee's a nortorious "kicker" when he sleeps. Tomorrow morning we're going to set off for Penang. So I guess it's time to gain some precious sleep now. Day 01 down...

No comments: