Back in 2000, there was a movie called "Castaway". If you haven't watched it, go watch it. Then you'll understand exactly how I'm feeling now. Hi everyone, in case you've forgotten, I'm Ryan. 3 months of holidays in Singapore zoomed past like a speeding bullet train. Here I am once again, back in sad Sydney.
Because of certain reasons, Ihave to be back here in Sydney earlier than all my housemates. This house, brand new house, quiet...dark...no TV...no radio... When night falls, it feels like the forests in Brunei where I used to live in when I was in the army. You have no idea how this feels like. That's why, like I said, go watch "Castaway". In the movie, Tom Hanks found a volleyball and made it his best friend. He even named it Wilson and he spoke to it throughout his 4 year stay on that island. I'm in search of MY "Wilson" and trust me, I WILL start speaking to it soon.
My brother had this exact experience once upon a time when he had to live alone in our house in JB (Johor Bahru) for 3 long months due to some citizenship issues. I wonder how he overcame that 90 days. To soome extent, I give him my utmost respect!
It's not the days that matter, rather it's the night that kills me. When the Sun sets, and when the silence begins to sting your ears drums...you feel like yelling out loud. AAAARRRRGGGHH!!!!! Besides a few minutes of brief phone calls with Ning each day, I hardly ever use my voicebox. Today is only Day 2...7 more days to go. How am I going to survive?
Hey if you're a famous director reading this somewhere on this planet, call me at +61432424187. I'm in Sydney Australia and I volunteer to star in "Castaway 2" free of charge. Yes, you heard me. Call me! NOW!!!
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Hello Ryan! I was about to ask how you've been, then I read this post haha! At the very least, you have internet connection :)
Sorry this reply came late. I'm back again. With a complete furnished house! Stay tuned.
Post a Comment