Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Pot Black

It is another Wednesday. Wednesdays to me are said to be cursed. It seems like no matter how hard you tell yourself to buck up and work hard for your final exams, Wednesdays are out to stop you from whatever plans you have. How many Wednesdays have it been that I woke up late? And it wasn't too long ago that I woke up on a Wednesday morning discovering that my quilt got burnt by my heater overnight and my room was filled with smoke. Yeah that was a crazy Wednesday morning I tell you and I promise to put up one entry some time soon to let you people re-live my misery. If I am not mistaken it was National Day 2006. And today, I woke up only to discover my Bart Simpsons alarm clock standing infront of me showing a time way after what I should be waking up at. Applicable Maths lesson starts at 1050 hrs and the clock in front of me showed this...





Lying on my bed, I thought, "To go for ELACS in the afternoon or not to go, hmm..." *eyes shutting slowly* Then my guardian angel hit me on my head from behind, I got out of bed reluctantly and dragged my feet to the toilet. And it wasn't at all an easy journey to the toilet, why? Because Mr Cody left his entire "bed" (sleeping bag, blanket and pillow" all over my room and I actually had to tip toe to get to the toilet. This guest of mine, he's slowly convincing himself that he is staying in a hotel with maids to clean after him. Have a go at the mess...





Okay so I was in the toilet, had my shower, psychoed myself to go for the ELACS lesson in the afternoon. Time check, 1305 hrs. 10 more minutes before lesson starts, rushes to the kitchen to have a quick lunch. More like breakfast actually since I had Coco Krunch. Then came the turning point, a phone call from Justin.

Justin: Eh we wanna go Pot Black, you wanna come?!

Ryan: Now? What about ELACS?

Justin: Yah now. We're all not going, Fung and Cody are with me now.

Ryan: Come pick me up from my house!!!

And there you go, I skipped BOTH Maths and ELACS today just like that. To sum things up, I skipped school the whole of today. The only way I can make myself feel better is to constantly tell myself that nothing important was taught in class today. Like how Cholola puts it, "These things are trivial." And so, to Pot Black we went. If you haven't already heard of Pot Black, it's a snooker centre and it has its branches all over the world. From what I hear from Mazael, there are a couple of branches in Singapore as well. I feel so guilty, guilty not just because I skipped school, guilty because I didn't tell darling about me skipping lessons and going to play pool. She wouldn't have agreed with this idea. *haiz* Sorry darling, temptations from pool is just irresistable. Blame it on Justin and company for giving me this peer pressure. So the game started, Justin and Cody opened up a snooker table and played a game between themselves. Fung, Wee Chong and I opened up a pool table and started keeping scores. Winner stays and loser gets out.


This is how you play pool, as the Pool Maestro leads the way.




This is Fung, lining up to take a shot. Just take a look at the camera technique. What can you say about it? Perfectly angled artistic shot isn't it? I'm sure Pot Black wouldn't mind using this as their commercial poster for 2007 if not for...*fill in the blanks*




Some of the actions as competiton gets intensed.




Some more actions, both from the pool and snooker table. And by the way, our pool table is No. 22. This number is special for me and my darling. No wonder I won the game today. Luck is important;
Final Score - Ryan 3 : Fung 2 : Wee Chong 2




Ladies & Gentlemen, take a good look at this picture. See how Wee Chong made 1 cue look like 5? Trickshot master indeed.




And after a hard day's work, it's time to enjoy a well deserved hotdog that cost me a bloody $3.30! Next time you want to go to Pot Black, bring your own food.



Fun's now over and I'm here blogging in a hot and stuffy room. The heat of summer is beginning to show. I just want to get my exams over and done with and go back to Singapore to spend a jolly great time with my darling. I miss her so much and most of all, I miss Dino! Dino my Jack Russell Terrier.

No comments: