Monday, March 31, 2008

Dreadful Return

I know I'm supposed to have tuned back to my study mood. I should have. But I am not. I'm still having this post-holidays recovery. But that's besides the point. The point is, why do they always have to shower us with heavy information after our holidays. Early in the morning, Cells!! Anatomy!! ARGH!! Anyways, we have our first Anatmy practical today. It didn't feel a bit like an Anatomy practical because I didn't get to see animals. It was more like Histology class. Microscopes and shit.




That's the microscope which ZiYi and I shared. He's kind of like my lab buddy. Hey if I have the money, I'll buy one microscope myself. It's so cool to see all those cells under high magnification!




These are the slides which we'll be looking at for the rest of this year.




And these, are what we had to observe for today's lab.




This is Dr. Neto. Our new Chemistry lecturer. I noticed today that she has a fetish for demonstrating chemical reactions during her lectures. Oh and she hates people talking in her class. Unlike Dr. Mitra. I miss her!




I know the photo isn't the clearest but can you see the flames in the dark. Apparently we're supposed to observe the ignition of the flame. For what and how it happened, I have NO IDEA!




After school, Gen, Kaartheg and I went to Coles to do a little grocery shopping. I just want to bring to everyone's attention on one thing. Everyone reading this. Whether you're in Singapore, Australia or any part of the world...From now on, buy only "Free Range Eggs". Boycott Cage Eggs. Hens who come from farms where battery cages are used lead miserable lives. They spend their entire lives in a small cage, NO BIGGER THAN AN A4 SIZE PAPER. All they do is lay eggs. They don't even have enough space to stretch their wings. So please, in the spirit of animal welfare...support free range eggs only. There, hens and chickens are free to move about.

No comments: