Sunday, March 23, 2008

Perth, Oh Perth...

After an exhausting 5 hour flight, I'm in Perth. The place where my life in Australia all began. I really miss this place. The familiarity of every scene that passed by as I zoom down the highway back to Cody's house. Everything seem so familiar. It's like I've returned home or something. Anyways, it's good to be back, albeit the short duration.




I grabbed this book when I was waiting in Sydney Airport. It's a pretty good read. And it's written by one of the Animal Rights activists which we learn about in Animal Husbandry 1A. Highly recommended. Promises to change the way you view food the next time you're deciding what to buy at the supermarket.



We haven't done much so far apart from a couple of rounds of mahjong and going out for meals. But hey, isn't holidays supposed to be like that? Sit back, relax and enjoy? No worries, no problems...just relax. For I kno once I get back to Sydney, it's a hell of a ride uphill. All the way until June when I get to go back to Singapore again. Woo hoo...can't wait to drive up to Gurney Drive in Penang with Darling and my parents. There there's the great Chendol! THAT is Chendol, and not what Li Ren ate in Mamak a fe days ago in Sydney.




This is Cicerello's. Western Australia's number 1 Fish & Chips shop. I think it was because of the Easter Weekend that it was unbelievably crowded. Getting a seat and making our orders seem like a chore. But when I slid that succulent prawn pasta into my mouth, it was all worth it. *slurp slur* Reminds me of the Seafood Pasta that Darling had when we were celebrating my Mum's borthday at Amirah's Grill in Singapore.




On our way back to the car, we saw a lot of seagulls. Beautiful seagulls who weren't afraid of humans at all. In fact they walk right up to you and seem to be asking for food with those adorable eyes. *hahaha* Me and my animal talk, ignore me.



It's 1.02pm now and I am the only one awake. Everyone's asleep. God, who leads a life like this? I even washed all the dirty dishes in the sink which would otherwise be left there for another day by them. I am hungry. The car is not here. Bruce drove it and spent the night in Jessie's place. AND the car coincidentally has broken down. It's Easter Monday and no mechanis is working. I am damned. And hungry. And angry. I am going to wake the whole world up now! Darling must be fast asleep from her 13 hour long flight from Amsterdam to Singapore. Sleep well now...

No comments: